- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- A cucumber - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese - we used whipped but you can also use regular cream cheese softened with a few drops of milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed - optional
- Salt and pepper
- A little adult help
- Cookie cutters - we found metal ones work better than plastic
- Mix the cream cheese and dill weed and set aside for a couple minutes to let the favors mix.
- Meanwhile, ask for help cutting the cucumbers into thin slices. Remember the power of "please."
- Spread the cream cheese on the bread.
- Next, arrange the cucumbers on the bread.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the cucumbers.
- Now put another slice of bread on top.
- Cut the sandwich with a cookie cutter. Push until you hear the crunch of the cucumbers. Sometimes the sandwich will pull right out but often you'll have to carefully separate the sandwich from the cutter.