- A prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 pint of vanilla ice cream
- Blue food coloring (crushed blueberries also work though they won't be as blue)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 pint of strawberry ice cream or sorbet
- 2 cups blueberries
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Whole strawberries with the leaves trimmed off for garnish
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- A spatula
- Place softened vanilla ice cream in a bowl. Use a spoon to squish it around so there are no frozen lumps.
- Add blue food coloring and mix until the color is even.
- Pour the blue ice cream into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Gently place sliced strawberries on top of the blue ice cream.
- Put the pie into the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When the blue ice cream is solid take the pie out of the freezer and add a layer of softened strawberry ice cream or sorbet.
- Sprinkle most of the blueberries over the strawberry layer. Save some blueberries for the garnish.
- Spoon out the whipped topping or whipped cream on top. Gently spread over the top of the pie.
- Place whole strawberries and blueberries on top of the pie.
- Put the pie back in the freezer for at least another hour or until everything is frozen. This is important! If the pie is not frozen it will not slice in stripes.