- Two sticks of butter
- A small saucepan
- Wax paper
- A box of filo sheets (also spelled phyllo)
- A pastry brush or a brand new 1" wide paint brush
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a little water on a counter top and lay down sheets of
wax paper. Slightly overlap.
- Unwrap the filo sheets gently and lay them out on wax paper.
Notice that the sheets are very thin. Separate one sheet from
the pile, and put it in front of you.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the sheet lightly with the melted
- Fold the sheet in half lengthwise, butter side in, so that
you have a long rectangle. Flip it over and brush the other
side lightly with butter.
- Put a large spoonful of the spinach mixture on the end of
the rectangle closest to you.
- Fold the right corner of the rectangle over the mixture like
- Now fold that triangle down. See the diagram below.
- Repeat until you are at the end of your rectangle, and you
have made a triangle filled "pita". Brush it lightly
- Put the triangle into a buttered baking dish. Keep on making
triangles until the dish is filled.
- Brush the tops of your triangles with melted butter.
- Bake 350 degrees 30-45 minutes until the tops are lightly