Counterfeit Grilled Cheese
Since we're making every recipe so it "fools" the eye, we thought we'd make dessert look like a tasty lunch.
- A ready-made pound cake
- Red and yellow food coloring
- A small mixing bowl
- A butter knife
- A spoon
- A little help from an adult or older sibling
- Slice your pound cake into slices no thicker than your thumb.
- Toast them in a toaster till they are light brown.
- Color your frosting that yellow-orange cheesy color. We found that using 5 drops of yellow to each drop of red works the best.
- Now spread each piece of "bread" with the frosting. Put the slices together and to make it look more realistic, cut off a tiny strip from the long side of the pound cake slice. That'll make it easier to see the "cheese" oozing out!