Everyone needs to be told how well they're doing or how wonderful
they are. Moms are no different. Sometimes mom might need a compliment
when she's feeling blue or just has too much work to get done. Here's a
Mother's Day gift that will keep on giving all year long.
You can help perk mom up by making this compliment jar. Fill it with 20 compliments that she can have whenever she needs one.
- A quart jar with lid
- 2 or 3 different colors of construction paper
- A photo of yourself - ask permission before you cut one up
- 18 inches of ribbon - optional
- Start by thinking of at least 20 nice things about your mom. Compliments are things you might say like, "You're so pretty," "You're so smart - especially at homework time" or "You're always there when I need you."
- Cut strips of construction paper about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long.
- Write a compliment on each strip in pen.
- Take the strip and wrap it tightly around the pencil. When you slide the paper off the pencil it should stay in a curl.
- Put the curls into the jar. Mix up the colors so they look festive.
- If you have a photo of yourself, you can paste it on top of the jar lid. If not, draw a picture of mom with a big smile.
- Screw on the lid and tie a ribbon around the neck of the jar.