Our friends at Chef'n
gave us a chance to try out their brand new chopper. Livvy calls it the
"lawn mower chopper" because you pull the string like you're starting a
lawn mower. The Chef'n Chopper is one of our Top Ten Kid-friendly
The chopper has a set blades that need to be
positioned by an adult. Also that first pull of the string might be a
bit hard so ask for help. The best thing about the chopper is you can
chop onions without crying!
You may also need a little adult help to pull the pit out of the avocado.
We also tried out the Chef'n Flexicado avocado slicer and it was awesome.
guacamole can be also be made by mincing all the ingredients, mashing
the avocado with a fork and mixing it all together.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 red onion - cut in big chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut in 4 - optional
- 1 medium tomato - cut in big chunks
- 1/4 cup of cilantro - de-stemmed - optional
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
- 1 ripe avocado - cut in half and scooped out
- a dash of salt and pepper
- A Chef'n chopper
- A spatula
- A bowl to serve
- Adult help
- Load the onion and garlic into the chopper and give the string about 10 quick pulls.
- Next add the tomato and cilantro. Chop until the tomatoes are diced.
- Last add the avocado and lemon juice. Five or 6 fast pulls will do the trick.
- Ask dad or whoever's helping you to take out the blades. They can go right into the dishwasher.
- Use a spatula to empty the chopper bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips. This recipe is so delicious and so fast, with a little help, you can make it as an after school snack.