Here's another chicken recipe that's sure to please a crowd or even
just a boy and his mom sitting down to enjoy a movie together.
a kid who said he didn't cook, Brandon had a real flare for arranging
the ingredients in an eye-pleasing way. Cooking isn't all just flash
and bam in the pan. Sometimes it's as simple as how you place the
- Tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken - cubed
- 1 cup of tomato - diced
- 1 cup of sweet red pepper - diced
- 1/2 cup of onion - diced
- 1 1/2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup black olives - sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion - cut in 1/4 inch lengths
- Cooking spray
- Salsa - optional
- A little adult help
- An oven-proof pan
- Microwave oven
- Oven mitts
- Spray the pan.
- Arrange a layer of chips in the pan. Make it about 3 chips deep.
- Top with chicken, tomato, pepper, onions, and olives.
- Sprinkle the cheese over everything.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese melts. Because every microwave is different, keep a close watch so the cheese doesn't burn.
- Make sure that mom, dad or whoever is helping you uses the oven mitts to take the nachos out of the microwave. They will be hot!
- Let them cool on the trivet for a minute or two so no one burns their mouth. Sprinkle on the green onion as garnish.
- Dig in!