Brandon, the winner of the Spatulatta Cookbook Contest, is 8-years
old and teases his mom because she doesn't cook. His mom works two jobs
so let's not only give her a break. No, let's give her a big hand.
Brandon learned enough in the Spatulatta Kitchen to make meals for himself and his mom for the whole work week.
this recipe, we're taking the left-over chicken from our Really Simple
Baked Chicken recipe and making club sandwiches fit for a picnic
- Left-over cooked chicken or deli chicken - sliced
- 3 pieces of whole wheat bread per sandwich
- Tomatoes - sliced
- Lettuce - washed and patted dry on paper towels
- Cooked bacon
- Dijon mustard - optional
- A little adult help
- A toaster
- A sharp knife
- Paper towels
- Tooth picks
- A serving plate
- We started by cooking the bacon in the microwave between sheets of paper towels on a plate. Be careful when removing the plate from the microwave. The greasy towels will be hot enough to burn. Ask for adult help.
- Toast the bread and spread some mayo on one slice.
- Arrange the chicken, lettuce and tomato.
- Put the second slice of bread on top. Add a layer of bacon.
- Put mayo or mayo and a little Dijon mustard on the third piece of bread and put it mayo side down on top of the stack.
- Ask for help cutting the sandwich in quarters.
- Poke a toothpick through each quarter to hold the sandwiches together. Be sure to remove the toothpicks before you bite into this luscious sandwich.