Here's a fast, crunchy chicken salad that's so good that you'll make it again and again.
recipe calls for a 1/3 of a head of Napa cabbage and you might be
wondering what you're going to do with the rest. We made this chicken
salad twice in a row because we liked it so much. The last third of the
cabbage we used for stir fry with black mushrooms.
It's also a
salad that's low-fat but really satisfying. So adults might want to
make it just for themselves. It stays crunchy for up to three days in
the refrigerator - if it hasn't gotten gobbled up by then.
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 large chicken breast - cubed
- 1/3 head of Napa cabbage -shredded
- 1/4 cup of toasted almonds - sliced or chunked
- 1/2 cup of red sweet pepper - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion - cut in 1/4 inch lengths
- A little adult help
- A glass measuring cup
- A knife
- A big bowl
- 2 large spoons or salad tongs
- Mix the sugar, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Put the chicken and the veggies in the bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over the top.
- Mix, mix, mix, until everything is covered with dressing.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 20 minutes.