- Cupcakes with white frosting – homemade or store-bought
- Large marshmallows
- Kitchen scissors
- Pink sugar crystals in a small bowl
- Jellybeans or other smallish unwrapped candies for eyes
- Cake decorating gel in a tube
- Take a large marshmallow. Using kitchen scissors,
carefully cut the marshmallow in half. The marshmallow will
be squishy so watch your fingers!
- Take half of the marshmallow and squeeze it gently until
it is longer and narrower – like a bunny ear. With the
sticky side down, press it into the bowl of sugar.
- Put your marshmallow bunny ear on the cupcake with the short
end down and the sugar side toward the center. Repeat with
the other half marshmallow. Now you have two ears sticking
- Choose one colored candy for the nose and two candies of
a different color for the eyes.
- Put the nose on first in the center of the cupcake.
Put the candies for the eyes between the nose and the ears.
- Take two mini-marshmallows, put them together and press
under the nose. Now you have two big front teeth just like
rabbits really have.
- Put a spot of cake decorating gel on each of the two eyes.
Then use the gel to draw whiskers. Start near the nose
and draw out toward the edge of the cupcake.
- You'll see that how you position the eyes and where you
put the gel will give your bunny personality.