- 2-3 Eggs
- Cooking oil (we used olive oil)
- Vegetables (we used red and green peppers)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- 8-10" fry pan
- Choose some vegetables and chop them. Think about the kind
of things you like on pizza. Sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions,
potatoes, broccoli all work well.
Some vegetables are harder than others. So vegetables like broccoli
or potatoes should be pre-cooked. You can cut them in small pieces
and put them in the microwave with a little water for about 2-3
- Break 2-3 eggs into a small bowl and use a fork or a whisk
to whip them.
- Put your fry pan on the burner. Have an adult light the stove
under the pan. Let the pan heat for a minute.
- Put a thin line of oil all the way around the pan. Tilt the
pan so the bottom is thoroughly coated. Let the oil warm up a
little bit. Oil should get a little haze. Don't let it get smoky.
- Put your vegetables in. Be careful. If the oil is too hot and
the vegetables are too wet they can splash hot oil out of the
- Use your spatula to move and turn your vegetables so they will
get evenly cooked.
- When the vegetables soften, pour your eggs over them.
- Use you spatula to move the eggs and vegetables around until
all the egg is a fluffy solid and not runny anymore
- Turn off the heat.
Now your scramblete is ready to be put on a plate and served!
This recipe makes enough for one adult or two children.