- 2 sheets of craft foam, construction paper or even white paper
that you have colored.
- Choose one color to be the background. Cut strips about
1 – 1 1/2 inches wide the long way of the foam or paper.
Don' t cut all the way to the end. Leave about 1/2 inch
to hold the mat together. When you have cut all the strips it
should look like a grass skirt.
- Cut the other color foam or paper into strips about the same
width – but this time cut them the short way across the
foam or paper.
- Weave a short strip, over – under – over –
under through the strips cut in the background paper. Then slide
the short strip all the way to the end.
- Weave the next strip under – over –under –over.
Push this next to your first strip.
- Repeat. When you have finished weaving, flip the mat over
and tape along the loose ends. Flip the mat back and you're
pretty mat is done!