- A few pieces of white bread
- A few pieces of wheat bread
- A cookie cutter – we're using a star but a heart or a
flower will work
- A toaster
- Place the cookie cutter in the center of the wheat bread.
Press down to cut the bread and wiggle it slightly to release
the edges. Gently lift the wheat bread star out and lay it aside.
- Place the cookie cutter in the center of the white bread.
Press down and gently wiggle. Lift the white bread star
out and put it into the star-shaped hole in the wheat bread.
- Place the wheat bread star into the star-shaped hole in the
- Slide your hand, palm up, under one slice of bread and place
the bread into the toaster. Do the same for the other piece
- Start the toaster.
- When the toast pops up, use a wooden or plastic tool to grab
the edge of the toast and lift it out. Never put your hand or
anything metal into the toaster.
- Arrange the "Mom's the Star" toast on a plate.