- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 large Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, stems removed
- Cold water
- A lemon
- An apple corer
- Paper towels
- An adult to help with slicing the apples and lemon
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and squeeze the lemon into
it. Set that aside.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and honey together until
well blended. Set aside.
- Use an apple corer to remove the center of the apple, making
a hollow space from stem end through the bottom.
- Have your adult helper cut apple crosswise into 4 thick slices.
As the apple is cut, you can put the slices in lemon water so
they won't turn brown.
- Take the apple slices out of the water and gently pat them
dry with paper towels.
- Put the apple slices back together as if they were whole apples.
- Starting with the bottom piece, use a butter knife to spread
the peanut butter mixture on the cut sides of each apple slice.
Then gently press them together to reassemble the apple.