- Blue Mixed Berry Jello
- 1 cup of boiling hot water
- 1 cup of ice water
- A large bowl that will take heat and cold
- Cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- Small star-shaped cookie cutters
- 3 - 6 ounce see-through plastic cups
- 3 mermaid dolls (see Make a Mermaid)
- Stickers of fish, seaweed and undersea creatures
- A little adult help
- First pour the packet of Jello into the bowl.
- Get some help measuring out 1 cup of boiling water. You may
also need help pouring the boiling water into the bowl.
- Stir the hot water and the Jello together until there are
no more crystals of sugar visible on the bottom of the bowl.
- Put three or four cubes of ice into a measuring cup and then
fill the rest with water up to the 1 cup line. Add the cold
water and ice to the Jello mixture and stir until the ice cubes
- Carefully pour the Jello mixture into the plastic cups.
- Put the cups into the refrigerator to set for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, have Mom or your adult helper cut a slice of melon
about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use your star shaped cookie cutter to make about 7 "starfish"
for each of the cups.
- Take the Jello out of the refrigerator and put the starfish
into it. They will sink for a moment but then they will float
to the top.
- Put the cups back into the refrigerator for another 20 minutes
or until the Jello is firm.
- Now you can put fish and seaweed stickers on the outside of
- When you are done, put your mermaid on the side of the cup
so it seems like she is gazing into the ocean and seeing her