- 1 small sweet onion, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 medium cucumbers, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups tomato juice, or use a big can of whole tomatoes with
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- A blender or food processor
- Put the onion, green pepper, cucumbers, and garlic in a blender
or food processor.
- If you're using a blender, start with a low speed like "chop"
and then switch to a higher speed like "puree" until
the ingredients start to get slushy.
- Add the tomato juice, salt, pepper, olive oil and if you want,
you can add a couple of drops of hot sauce.
- Then blend the soup again until it has a smooth texture.
- Put the soup in the refrigerator for at least one hour before
- When it's time to eat, pour the soup into individual bowls.
You can sprinkle finely chopped cucumber or whole basil leaves
on top as a garnish.
Notes: Our soup turned out a little too thick, so we stirred
in more tomato juice. You can also use 3 or 4 fresh tomatoes instead
of the tomato juice.