- 1 can of tuna - we like the kind that's packed in water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- A small bowl
- Some adult help
- Ask your adult helper to open the can of tuna and drain it
because the edge of the can top can be very sharp. Don't forget
to use the magic word "please" whenever you need help.
- Next put the tuna into a bowl.
- Add the chopped celery, onion and pickle relish.
- Then add the mayonnaise and mix until everything is coated.
We started with one tablespoon of mayonnaise but decided that
two tablespoons coated the ingredients better. But remember,
it's what tastes right to you.
- Scoop some tuna salad onto a plate and arrange whole wheat
toast triangles around it. You can also dress it up with carrot
and jicama sticks.