These perky little guys would love to be DIY appetizers at your next
party. Just lay out the ingredients and have your guests make a waddle
of penguins. That's what a group of penguins is called.
- Dried dates
- Cream cheese
- Shredded carrot
- A little adult help
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A butter knife
- Kitchen shears or scissors
- A serving plate
- Here's where you might need adult help. If you have unpitted dates you'll have to take the pit out. Lay a date down on the cutting board. Put the knife down the long way on the date and cut a slit. You want to cut the date almost in half without going through the other side.
- Take out the pit.
- Spread enough cream cheese in the date to fill it. Smooth it down so it looks neat.
- Cut two tiny pieces of raisin for the eyes. Gently push them into the cream cheese.
- Place a sliver of carrot under the eyes to make the beak.
- Stand those perky penguins on a plate and let's have a party!