The art on these T-shirts are known as mono-prints. Your hand
becomes the printing plate.
- White T-shirts
- 2 large brown paper bags for each shirt
- Small paper cups
- Red and blue fabric paint
- 1 inch wide sponge paint brush
- Start by putting one brown paper grocery bag inside the other.
Fold them flat.
- Slide the flatten bag inside the T-shirt. This will keep the
paint from soaking through to the back of the shirt.
- Pour a little red paint into one cup and blue paint into the
- Close your thumb and fingers of your right hand.
- Ask mom or an older sibling to paint the lower half of your
thumb and the flesh pad below it blue.
- Have them paint stripes on the rest of your palm and paint
your fingers red.
- Spread your fingers wide but keep your thumb tight against
- Place your hand down firmly on the T-shirt. Press down. When
you lift your hand, there will be an American flag. Quite handy,
wouldn't you say?