Yogurt and Cucumber Salad
You'll have to ask your parent's permission to use
a sharp knife while making this recipe. Young people who aren't
allowed to use sharp knives can cut cucumbers with serrated-edged
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 2 springs of mint ( about 10-12 leaves)
- Some adult help
- Potato peeler
- A knife - a serrated plastic knife is best for little
- Cutting board
- Large Spoon
- Serving bowl
- Kitchen shears
- Wash the mint and dry it between paper towels.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Lay the cucumber down on a cutting board and cut it in half
the long way. Put the flat sides down on the cutting board and
slice the cucumber into thin half-rounds.
- Put the cucumber slices into a bowl and pour the yogurt on
- Use the kitchen shears to cut the mint leaves into small pieces.
You can do this right over the bowl.
- Mix the yogurt and mint into the cucumber slices, making sure
that all the slices are coated.
- Chill for 15-20 minutes then serve.