- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of broccoli - flowerets
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups of Swiss cheese
- A prepared piecrust - we used the kind that comes in its
own baking tin
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large bowl
- A whisk or a fork
- A cookie sheet with sides
- A little adult help
- Pour the milk into a big bowl.
- Break the three eggs, one at a time, into a measuring cup.
This will let you fish out any pieces of shell before the eggs
go into the large bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper and the cheeses.
- Stir everything together with the whisk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Add the broccoli. Make sure it is spread evenly around the
- Put the pie tin on the cookie sheet and have grandpa or whoever
is helping you carry the quiche to the oven.
- Bake the quiche for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 until the top
is nicely browned.