Soda Bread Cranberry Scones
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- A plastic or glass cutting board
- A little adult help
- Put the flour in a large bowl. Add the baking soda, the baking
powder and the sugar. Mix slowly.
- Add the vegetable oil, the buttermilk and the cranberries.
- Mix all the ingredients together. It will be a little crumbly
at first but the dough will begin to form as you continue to
- Turn the dough out onto a floured cutting board and pat it
into a flat loaf shape about 1 inch thick and square in shape.
- Cut the square loaf into 4 quarters.
- Cut each quarter in half diagonally, making two triangles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until the bumpy edges
are just browned.