Here's simple little salad from Peru. It's made with little tender Lima
beans. It is so yummy, especially if you use garden tomatoes.
- 2 cans of small Lima beans
- 1/2 cup of onions - diced
- 1/4 of an aji serano or aji amarillo - diced (aji means chile)
- 1 medium sized tomato - sliced
- Juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of parsley - very finely diced
- Adult help
- A medium-sized bowl
- A large bowl
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A large spoon
- Small serving plates
- You'll need a little help cutting up the veggies. Make sure that you don't touch your eyes after you've touched the pepper.
the pepper, the onions, and the tomatoes into the medium-sized bowl.
Pour on the lime juice and vinger. Let marinate for at least 10
- Open the cans of beans and drain them.
- Pour the beans into the large bowl.
- Add the onion and tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle the salt and parsley. Pour on the olive oil. Mix.
- Your yummy Peruvian salad is ready to serve!