We made this drink with cider pressed from apples grown at the
Seedlings Orchard in South Haven, Michigan. Look for fresh pressed cider at your local farmers market. It's only available this time of year and it's something to celebrate.
- Unfiltered cider
- Soda water
- A fresh lemon
- An apple for garnish
- Ice cubes
- A little adult help
- Tall glasses
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- Ask your adult helper to make several thin slices of apple. Cutting through the "equator" of the apple has the added benefit of revealing a little star inside the fruit where the seeds are hidden.
- Remove the seeds and make a little slit from the middle to one edge of the fruit slice.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on both sides of each slice of apple to keep it from getting dark.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- Sqeeze in a little lemon juice.
- Next fill half the glass with cider, then top it off with soda water.
- Add the straws and the apple slice garnish. It's a refreshing autumn treat for the whole family.