This is a recipe from our friend Nakima [na-ke-ma]. She sent it to us on the blog. Nakima writes:
"Hi, my name is Nakima. I am 12 years old and I love making sandwiches especially a moldy sandwich! This sandwich is good for an April Fool's snack."
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (or other nut butter or hummus)
- 1 package mixed food coloring
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of jelly
- A dull kitchen knife
- 2 small bowls
- To create the disgusting green peanut butter, use the knife to mix the peanut butter and 4 drops of blue food coloring in a bowl. Stir well. The mixture will turn green. Put aside two-thirds of green peanut butter for the sandwich filling.
- Now make the mold. First use the knife to lightly dab green peanut butter patches on top of one slice of the bread.
- Next, sprinkle a little of the powdered sugar on some of the patches. Turn the bread over and tap it in with you finger to shake off the excess sugar. The sugar will take on a gauzy look.
- Lastly, combine 2 drops from each color of food coloring in the second bowl. Dab the mixture on or near the green areas to create blotches that look like black mold spores.
- Assemble the sandwich using the other slice of bread, the jelly and the remaining two-thirds of the green peanut butter. Make it a little sloppy so that some goo drips over the sides of the bread.
- Pulling the prank! Wrap up you sandwich in plastic or whatever you usually use. Then put it in your lunch bag and get ready for some stares during LUNCH TIME or AT HOME. LET YOUR PARENTS OR FRIENDS know that it is just a prank so they won't get too worried. And that is how you make a moldy sandwich. Bye