This disgusting recipe is from "Gross Out Cakes." We thank the authors, Britney Schetselaar and Kathleen Barlow, for their wacky and wonderful book. The minute we saw the Kitty Litter Cake on the cover we knew we'd have a lot of fun.
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of margarine or butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- A little adult help
- Measuring cups
- A medium-size saucepan
- A large spoon
- Hot pads or oven mitts
- A trivet
- Waxed paper
- A cookie sheet
- Measure the milk, margarine and sugar into the saucepan. Turn the heat up to medium and start to stir. This is hot work so oven mitts help.
- Keep stirring until the mixture starts to boil. Boil for a minute while you continue to stir. Don't stop! If it gets too hot for you to lean over the pan, call for adult help.
- Turn the heat off and take the pan off the heat. Add the cocoa, peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Stir it all up. You’ll immediately see the results.
- Put a layer of waxed paper down on the cookie sheet and prepare for the really gross part.
- Now you mold the "doo." You can use your hands if it firms up. Our "doo" turned out a little soft so we spooned it into sandwich bags and squeezed it out. This added to the overall disgustingness of the recipe and we loved it!