Make these treats ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. Unlike the Moldy Sandwich or the Doggie Doo Doo Drops, our Snot Blobs don't travel well once they are assembled.
Part of the "ick" factor is the feeling of the solid gelatin inside the soft pudding when you put the blob in your mouth.
- 1 package of lime gelatin
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- A heat-safe, glass measuring cup
- A spoon
- Wax paper
- A cookie sheet
- Individual serving plates
- You want the green gelatin to set-up really firm. Pour your lime gelatin into the glass measuring cup. Add 1 cup of boiling water. Don't add the cold water recommended on the package.
- Make sure all the sugar in the gelatin dissolves in the water. This is really hard to do! We wound up putting the measuring cup with the mixture into the microwave and zapping it for a minute then stirring like crazy to get it all to dissolve.
- Cut a sheet of wax paper and lay it out on the cookie sheet.
- When the gelatin was just starting to set up, we spooned blobs of it onto the cookie sheet, making sure that the blobs were irregularly shaped like...like...well, like snot.
- Put the cookie sheet into the refrigerator.
- When the green blobs are solid, make the instant vanilla pudding according to the package directions and set aside for a moment.
- Arrange the green blobs on the plates and spoon a little pudding over each one. Make these shapes irregular too. Just put enough pudding over the gelatin blobs so you can still see the green color showing through the surrounding "mucus." So yucky but so fun!
- Serve to your unsuspecting guests!