- 1 lb. of macaroni shells or elbows
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 oz. of Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Pam or other cooking spray
- A 13 x 9 baking dish
- Boil and drain the macaroni.
- Heat milk and soup together in a pan.
- Add garlic and onion powder to the soup mixture.
- Cut Velveta into small cubes. Put it and 1 cup of cheddar
into the mixture. Save 1 cup of cheddar cheese to put on top
of the casserole.
- Mix everything until it is smooth.
- Spray the baking dish with PAM.
- Put the cooked macaroni into the greased dish. Pour
the sauce over the macaroni and gently stir.
- Sprinkle rest of the cheddar on top of the casserole
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and brown. YUM!
This is the way our Grammy makes it but we've also used soy
cheese instead of regular cheese. We've used gluten-free macaroni
and rice flour macaroni instead of wheat macaroni. It all tastes