- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of ham - cut in small cubes
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup blanched broccoli flowerets
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Some adult help
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A medium-sized bowl
- A whisk
- A non-stick omelet pan with an oven-safe handle*
- A flexible silicone spatula
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the oven gets to the right temperature, whisk together
the eggs, the salt, the pepper and the cream.
- Add the parsley, the baking powder and the broccoli. Mix it
together so that the broccoli is lightly covered with egg.
- Melt the butter in the pan on low heat.
- When the butter is melted add the angel hair pasta. Spread
the pasta across the bottom of the pan so it forms a flat layer.
- Quickly, pour the egg mixture in. Don't stir. You want the
pasta to stay on the bottom.
- Cook until the fritatta starts to pull away from the sides
of the pan.
- Ask your helper to put the pan into the oven. Bake the fritatta
at 350 degrees for 6 minutes or until the top is slightly brown
and the eggs are totally firm.
* Note you can use a cast iron skillet if you don't have a non-stick
pan. You may need a little more melted butter to make sure the
fritatta doesn't stick.