This soup is a great appetizer. It's refreshing, light and well…it's
pink! Just the perfect color for a Valentine's Day dinner. Bowls of
pink soup set on red placemats with pink napkins can make a really
heart-stopping table setting.
- 2 cups pure orange juice
- 2 cups of pure white grape juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small banana
- Fresh strawberries - washed and sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries - defrosted
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large mixing bowl
- A medium-size mixing bowl
- A strainer
- A whisk or large spoon
- A ladle
- Medium-size bowls
- A little help from an adult or older sibling
- Put the strainer into the medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the defrosted berries into the strainer and catch their juice. You will be using it later.
- Carefully pour the orange juice and the grape juice into the bowl.
- Now add the yogurt, honey and fresh squeezed lemon juice into the original juice mixture and whisk until it is well blended.
- Add the juice from the frozen berries. Whisk again.
- Put several berries and some banana slices into each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the fruit and enjoy!
can also add other kinds of fruit toppings like unsweetened mandarin
oranges or slices of kiwi for garnish and if you have some fresh mint
in the house a sprig looks very refreshing.