We're always up for a party so we decided to throw a tea party for our
bears. This tasty bread made everything extra special.
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup dried apricots – cut in small pieces
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- A little adult help
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- A loaf pan
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius).
the inside of the loaf pan with cooking spray. We used bread pans that
would make individual breads in flower shapes. There were lots of
little nooks and crannies that we used our fingers to make sure that
they were coated.
- Mix the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
add the oil, the eggs, the water, the apricots and the walnuts. Mix it
everything together just long enough for the dry ingredients to get
- Pour into your baking pan.
- Press the dough down so it will fill the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius).