This recipe is from the Kamehameha Band Booster Club Cook Book that was done to benefit the Kamehameha Schools in Hawaii.
(Makes 1 loaf)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pre-sifted flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - optional
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large bowl
- A spatula
- A loaf pan
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray cooking spray into the loaf pan, making sure you get the corners. You can use your fingers to finish the job.
- Next put the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Here's the fun part! You can use your hands to mash the bananas.
- Next break the eggs into the bowl and moosh them into the banana, using your hands, until they disappear.
- Wash your hands!
- Next add the flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda to egg mixture.
- Add the raisins and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. You can use your hands again or you can use a spatula.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake it for 45-60 minutes.
- Test the bread with tooth pick. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.