These fluffy drop biscuits go really well with our Chicken Corn Chowder.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- A spatula
- A cookie sheet
- Cooking spray or parchment paper
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare your cookie sheet. You can grease it by using a little butter or shortening. Or you can use cooking spray or put parchment paper on it.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Make sure the salt and baking powder are evenly distributed.
- Now, add the butter. Our butter was really soft so we just mixed it in with a fork. If your butter is a little firmer, use your fork to mash the butter into the dry ingredients. You need to work the butter into the flour until there are no big lumps.
- Next pour the milk into this mixture. It works best if you do it a little at a time. Remember somethings are easier with four hands, so ask for help if you need it. Stir until this batter is smooth.
- The batter will be sticky, so use a big spoon to drop globs of it onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the biscuits for about 12 minutes until the peaks on the top are slightly browned.