This corn bread is a perfect side dish for our Black Bean Chili!
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of corn meal
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- A spatula
- A 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Use your fingers to make sure that both the sides and bottom of the pan are coated.
- Next, put about 2 tablespoons of flour into the pan and shake the pan slightly until the sides and bottom are coated with a thin layer of flour.
- Measure the white and wheat flour into the large bowl.
- Add the corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt and give it a stir.
- Then, add the milk, oil and egg
- Mix everything together until it is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Make sure the batter reaches all the way into the corners of the pan.
- Put the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.