Grandma Patti's Bruschetta
- A whole mini-baguette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes - chopped in small cubes
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley - chopped medium fine
- 1/2 cup sweet red onion
- Salt and pepper
- A little adult help
- A pastry brush or brand new 1-inch paint brush
- A cookie sheet
- Set the oven on broil.
- Have an adult cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Put the "rounds" of bread on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush each round with olive oil on both sides.
- Put the cookie sheet into the oven for 2 to 5 minutes until the bread is slightly browned at the edges. Watch it closely because the bread can go from toasted to burned very quickly.
- While you're waiting, put hot pads down on your work surface.
- When the toasts are ready, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and put it on the hot pads.
- Mix the tomatoes, parsley, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl. Put a couple spoonfuls of the tomato mixture on the toasts.
- Your yummy bruschetta are ready to eat!