- 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- A round loaf of bread - cut in half to make two rounds
- Baby greens
- Sliced Monterrey Jack cheese
- Roasted red peppers - cut into strips
- Pitted black or green olives - cut into rounds
- Tomatoes - sliced
- Adult help
- A small bowl
- A spoon
- A plate
- A long bread knife
- Make the dressing by pouring the oil and vinegar into the
small bowl. Add the spices and mix.
- Lay out the two rounds of bread. Drizzle or brush the dressing
onto the cut side of the top half of the loaf.
- Arrange the cheese on the cut side of the bottom half of the
- Now cover the cheese with a layer of roasted peppers, the
olives and the tomatoes.
- Put a couple of handfuls of baby greens on next and put the
top of the bread on.
- Cut the loaf in quarters or sixths and serve.