Here is a recipe sent by one of our friends, Miss Marcia Streicher from
Petit Chefs. She found it in an old magazine. We thought these birds
were so cute they were timeless!
- Cherry or oval tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- Shredded carrot
- A little adult help
- A knife
- A cutting board
- A tooth pick
- Kitchen shears or scissors
- Small bowls
- Slice the lettuce into thin strips. We used a Zyliss serated-edged plastic knife but if you use a sharp knife you'll need some adult help.
- Arrange the lettuce in the bowl for your nest.
- Poke 2 holes, close together, near the top of one of the tomatoes.
- Push a shred of carrot into each hole to make the birdie's beak.
- Cut two tiny pieces of raisin for the eyes. Use the toothpick to pick up a little cream cheese to glue the eyes on.
- Place the bird in the nest. We made 3 birds for each nest.
- Serve with salad dressing and enjoy!