We cooked our potatoes in the microwave, but this is a recipe that you
could use left-over boiled potatoes for as well. Our little hedgehog
can be set on a bed of clipped chives and served with a little bowl of
Ranch dressing or melted cheese for dipping.
- Small potatoes
- Slivered almonds
- Cream cheese
- Dried black-eyed peas
- A little adult help
- Kitchen Shears or scissors
- A tooth pick
- A serving plate
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave until soft. Let them cool.
- Decide which end of the potato is going to be the face of your hedgehog.
- Starting at the opposite end, arrange the slivered almonds as spines along the hedgehog's back. Leave an area clear for the face.
- Cut a raisin in half and use a little cream cheese to stick it on for the nose.
- Select two black-eyed peas for the eyes. A dab of cream cheese on each will work like edible glue.
- Put Happy the Hedgehog on a plate. You can arrange chopped chives for grass. Remember to remove the black-eyed peas before you start to eat.
- How cute!