No, they've not made out of turkey! They just look like turkeys.
- Cup cakes in paper or foil cups
- Chocolate frosting
- Peanut-shaped peanut butter cookies*
- Mini chocolate chips
- Red cake decorating icing in a tube
- Strawberry fruit leather or Fruit Roll-up
- Construction paper
- A butter knife or icing spatula
- A pair of scissors
- Cut tail feathers for your turkeys out of construction paper,
about six for each cup cake.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Take a peanut butter cookie and put two dots of red icing
near one end for the turkey's eyes. Stick a mini chocolate chip
on each dot.
- Next, cut a piece of fruit leather in a tear-drop shape. This
is going to be the turkey's waddle, that funny thing that hangs
down from their chin.
- Put a dash of red icing about 1/2 inch down from the eyes.
Now you have the turkey's head and neck.
- Push the neck into the edge of the cupcake so that the cupcake
becomes the turkey's body.
- Now you're only missing one thing - the tail. Put six of the
tail feathers on top of each other. Hold one end of the stack
between your thumb and first finger and use your other hand
to make a little fan.
- Push the end of the fan into the back end of the cupcake.
You can fan the feathers out a little bit more to make your
turkey look real.
*If you or anyone in your family is allergic to peanut butter
you can substitute another cookie that has the right shape.
Products you might like...